Rhinoplasty in New York City and New Jersey
The Plastic Surgery Center Internationale, which provides state-of-the-art innovations in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery & age management, offers rhinoplasty for patients who desire a fresh look.
Whether you were born with a nose that appears to be out of proportion or your nose seems crooked or bumpy because of an accident or sports injury, rhinoplasty, often called a nose job, can correct these issues. Nose reshaping can have a significant positive impact on your self-confidence and self-esteem.
Rhinoplasty can do the following:
- Reduce or increase the size of your nose
- Reduce your nose hump
- Change the shape of the tip or the bridge
- Narrow the span of the nostrils
- Change the angle between your nose and your upper lip
- Correct impaired breathing caused by structural abnormalities in the nose
For a consultation to find out which facial surgery procedures will be most beneficial for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today!
Who Is a Suitable Candidate for a Rhinoplasty in New York City and New Jersey?
While it is impossible to tell you definitively whether rhinoplasty is the right solution for your concerns, here are some general questions that suggest you may be a suitable candidate:
- Does the shape or size of your nose bother you?
- Do you have breathing problems due to nasal structural irregularities?
- Is your nasal facial skin and tissue healthy?
- Are you realistic about your expectations for the outcome of the rhinoplasty procedure?
- Are you in reasonably good physical and psychological health?
If you honestly answered “yes” to these questions, then the next step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Giampapa. During this appointment, you and the doctor will review your medical history, address any current medical concerns, and explore different options you have to achieve your goals for aesthetic surgery.
If both you and the physician decide a rhinoplasty is the best choice for you, expect to receive instructions about how to prepare for surgery, as well as information about local anesthesia, sedation, pain control options, and post-surgical care.
If you are ready to find out if a rhinoplasty is the best solution for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation.
What to Expect Before, During, and After a Rhinoplasty in New York City and New Jersey
Before Your Rhinoplasty
Some of the ways you’ll be asked to prepare for your rhinoplasty include the following:
- If you are a smoker, you’ll need to refrain from tobacco use several weeks prior to the procedure.
- Stop taking aspirin, NSAIDS, and other medications or supplements that have the potential to increase your risk of heavy bleeding.
The Day of Your Surgery
On the day of your rhinoplasty, the following will occur:
- The surgical team will prep you for surgery and answer any of your last-minute questions.
- You’ll receive anesthesia for your comfort during the procedure.
- Once the anesthesia takes effect, your rhinoplasty surgery begins. The first step of the procedure involves the doctor making a small incision inside the nostril (nose opening) for the closed approach or in the skin between the nostrils for the open approach. He then sculpts the tissues in the nose, corrects structural defects, and excises any excess fat and skin. The final step of the surgery is closing the incisions with sutures or surgical tape and applying dressings and bandages. You will then be transferred to the recovery area for observation as the effects of the sedative wear off.
After you have recovered from most of the sedation, and the doctor approves your departure, you’ll be able to go home. As part of your aftercare plan, you may be prescribed antibiotics to prevent infection and pain control medicine. Most people find they need the pain medicine for only about 48 hours and then they can manage any minor discomfort with over-the-counter treatments. Initial recovery lasts about one to two weeks and involves swelling and the presence of dressings (nose packing and nose splint). Minor swelling after nose surgery usually lasts up to a year, when the final results of the procedure are then appreciated.
Other Facial Surgery Options in New York City and New Jersey
So everyone can look and feel their best, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale offers the following facial plastic surgery procedures in New York and New Jersey:
- Brow Lift
- Traditional Brow Lift
- Endoscopic Brow Lift
- Chin Augmentation
- Eyelid Surgery
- Fat Transfer to the Face (“Stem Cell Facelift”)
- Malar Fat Pad Facelift
- Neck Lift
- G String Neck Lift
- Suture Suspension Neck Lift
- Neck Enhancement
For a consultation to find out which aesthetic surgery procedures will be most beneficial for you, call the Plastic Surgery Center Internationale at 973-746-3535 today!
The Cost of Rhinoplasty in New York City and New Jersey
Most health insurance plans classify rhinoplasty surgery as a cosmetic procedure, which means they do not extend benefits for these treatments. To make aesthetic surgery affordable and accessible to as many people as possible, Plastic Surgery Center Internationale accepts CareCredit® financing to cover the cost of our services. The application process is quick and easy, so you’ll know your financing options within hours. Our practice also accepts cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
Dr. Vincent C. Giampapa, a board-certified aesthetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgeon, recognizes that each patient has unique requirements and desires. His services have improved the lives of people from in and around New York, New Jersey, and the world. Dr. Giampapa is the inventor of the Suture Suspension Platysmaplasty Neck Lift and a pioneer in Stem Cell Research and Anti-aging Medicine. If you are looking for self-improvement via cosmetic plastic surgery and cosmetic anti-aging medicine, our professional team will accommodate your needs! Please call 973-746-3535 today to schedule your consultation!April 7, 2014